Friday, November 25, 2011

Beautiful Truth

We are so thankful to have friends who rejoice with us, pray with us, support us, and invite us over for Thanksgiving dinner. We had a lovely time yesterday with our friends. We could not ask for a more loving community.

Today, we're not shopping the Black Friday sales. There is not a thing I want enough to spend the money we could and should be saving to bring our child home.

I spent a long time last night reading the book, Kisses from Katie, by Katie Davis, a young woman who left her life in Tennessee (right out of high school) to work in an orphanage in Uganda. She has now adopted fourteen little girls, and lives with them in a Ugandan village, sharing the love of Christ with everyone she meets.

Here is a quote I found especially powerful:


“I know I cannot walk into a village and tell a child that Jesus loves her. She cannot comprehend that because, chances are, she has never been loved. I have to feed her, clothe her, care for her, and love her unconditionally as I tell her that I love her. Once she begins to understand and see my love, I can begin to tell her about a Savior who loves her even more. That is the truth for these children – that they are loved, that they are valuable, that they will not be left as orphans but that they have a plan and a hope for the future. What a beautiful truth.” – Kisses from Katie, by Katie Davis
That's exactly right. Amen, sister. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment