Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mama Bear

So two weeks ago, I had the privilege of giving six vials of blood. I will gladly give my blood if it means someone will sign a paper recommending me as a mother, stating that I'm healthy enough to raise a child...but the physical examination process isn't finished yet. I still have to find some obscure office where they can officially conduct my hearing test, plus a few other things I don't really understand. I'm just glad we don't have to get our physicals conducted in the Ukraine. I've talked to parents who have adopted from that place. I've heard how that goes. No, thanks.

Kyle hasn't had a chance to have his physical done yet, and lots of our home study paperwork remains incomplete, not to mention the homework reading I haven't yet finished, though it's excellent and I'm so thankful to have it.

Oh, and then there's the ongoing matter of the broken fingerprinting machine and the lack of other options to get that part of the home study completed.

So...we've made progress, but we're still a long way off from bringing our child home, which has to be OK, because there are still no referrals available. Good thing too, cuz if I had a photo and a name of my child in India, I just might go all Mama Bear on someone and claw their eyes out. Lord, have mercy. Thank God He's got the whole world (even our unknown child) in His hands.

Please pray with us, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment