Friday, December 30, 2011

Writing Letters Every Day


Guess what? I'm impatient. Knowing that the earliest arrival month for our girl could be August, I'm thinking that's a pretty long wait. But look how far we've come since last August, when we decided to move forward with adoption!

Is it possible that our daughter could come home to us within one year of our decision to pursue her? August seems so far away, and so close a the same time. She will be old enough to start kindergarten when she comes home! I can't wait to teach her everything a kindergartener should know.

I can't wait to tell her about Aslan. I hope she's not afraid of lions. And I really hope she's not afraid of dogs. When we meet her, I will show her videos of our dogs doing friendly doggy things, so maybe she will see that they're nice house dogs, not scary street dogs, before she even meets them. Kyle says she's probably never met a big, fluffy dog like Opus. If she's afraid of him because he's a dog, I suppose we could always tell her he's a lion or a bear. Maybe that would make her feel better?

I wonder what she's doing. I wonder what her life was like before she arrived at the orphanage. My adoption agent's theory is that our girl's biological parents found out they were pregnant with a boy baby, so they abandoned their daughter in favor of supporting a child who could fetch a higher dowry price in the future. Oh, sweet girl. What must she be feeling? I am thankful that our home study is preparing us to care for this wounded little one. God knows everything about her. God knows everything she needs.

My New Year's resolution is to write letters to our daughter every day until she comes home, so she will know that we have prayed for her and worked toward bringing her home, that we want her, that we love her, that we will not abandon her.

Please pray for her, and pray that we will get the resources and preparations we need to bring her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment