Thursday, November 3, 2011

How do working moms do it?

I don't know how you do it, you women who work all day (especially if it's with other people's children) and then come home and love your own children. Where do you get the energy? I am so zapped by the end of my teaching work day, my dogs are lucky I'm coherent enough to feed them or throw a ball down the hallway for them to chase in the evenings.

So how do I expect to find the energy I need to pour into my own children, when those dear little ones eventually enter my home? I have no idea. I suppose Jesus will give me the energy. That's the right answer, isn't it? OK, I know He will. He has to. Because that's the only way it can happen.

This extended time of waiting for my child to come home is a good time to pray and prepare my heart for my kids' constant presence in my life. I must confess, I haven't even finished my essays and reading assignments. But I did send the application fee to the adoption agency today! So we've officially applied to adopt from India! I wonder if we will have to wait until after the home study is completed to get a referral? (A referral is a photo and information about a child who is available for adoption).

You should read this blog. This girl is way cooler than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment