Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"a spirit of adoption"

"For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, 'Abba ! Father !'" Romans 8:15

I wrote this Scripture on the poster I am making for our Fall Festival adoption fundraiser on Friday.

It took me awhile to choose which Scripture to use for the poster. I wonder how many people will connect to these words.

As wealthy Americans, I'm not sure we have any idea what it feels like to have a "spirit of slavery leading to fear," as those in biblical times would have. But the possibility of falling into slavery is very real for orphans around the world. Please pray for them. Pray that all of them would be rescued. Pray that our child will come safely home to us, to live in freedom and peace, knowing the love of her Heavenly Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment