Thursday, October 13, 2011

Quilt Squares for Orphans


Ladies from my church gathered last night for fellowship and a crocheting lesson. We are making quilt squares to contribute to a quilts for children who will be adopted into our church family.

For our child's quilt, I am making a list of people who donate quilt squares or sponsor quilt squares with a donation of $5 or more! It would be great if donors included a note! This will be part of our child's "baby book," so he or she will see how many people supported us in bringing him or her home!

If you crochet, the yarn we're using is "worsted weight medium 4." I don't know much about crocheting yet, but I'm learning! I'm not sure if I should tell measurements of the quilt square or how many rows to include? Let me know what you need to know and I will find out the answer! Click on this link to read the instructions I was given for the granny squares.

There is now a working paypal donation button on this blog if you'd like to send donations! We still need about $1,100 for our home study, and then we can start applying for grants, which will cover most of the rest of the adoption costs, expected to total at least $25,000. We are excited to see how God will continue to provide, as He clearly has already begun to do so!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you as you start on this journey! I have a friend from high school who just got to bring her second miracle home. It's very touching to see you beginning the journey as she is bringing hers to a close. Good luck to you and your hubby! Your child will be so lucky to have you as a mom! <3, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenni! We are very excited!

    ReplyDelete