Thursday, October 6, 2011

close to you

"Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? Just like me, they long to be close to you."

Cheesy, yes, but I teared up when this song came on in my car this afternoon. I started picturing my child (I think she's a girl) in India, needing me. I think I know her name, but I need to run that by Kyle before I write about it here. :)

Our first home study visit went well. The social worker toured our house and pointed out the fact that we have no fire extinguisher and the batteries on our smoke detector are dead. Good to know!

He asked Kyle if we have guns in the house, like it would be perfectly normal if we did. We wonder if that was a trick question? Of course we don't guns in the house...but don't tell the bad guys.

We have a loooong to-do list now, including obtaining three official sets of our fingerprints from three separate agencies. Really? Three?

So much to do. But it must be done. Recently, a curious lady asked me why adoption is so expensive and complicated, and I said I wasn't sure, something about bureaucracy, but wouldn't she do everything it took to get to her child if her child were across the ocean, separated from her? Yes, of course she would. Any good parent would go through hell and high water to get to their children, if need be. So, please pray for us as we trudge through "hell and high water" (aka piles of paperwork) to get ours.

A friend is helping me work on fundraising ideas, so stay tuned! I know God will provide!

1 comment:

  1. I love the updates. Just b/c I see you everyday at work doesn't satisfy my need and desire to sit down and chat. I'm looking forward to doing just that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete