Sunday, June 23, 2013

Not Only Skin Deep

Tarana had a fantastic six day beach vacation with my parents last week. She rolled around the water in a big, clear, plastic beach ball, went on a dolphin sightseeing boat, collected seashells, swam in the ocean, made sandcastles, played at a water park, and threw a few tantrums. She also decided she DOES NOT like to eat shrimp. Weirdo :)

When I met my parents to pick her up, she strolled into the restaurant beaming, browner than ever, wearing her shades, and said "rawr," with her dino claws in the air, acting out a "surprise" appearance. I hugged her and she started chattering away about her trip. The first thing she told me was that she saw dolphins at the beach and asked if I remembered when we saw dolphins at the aquarium one day when "I sad, but you and dad happy." Oh yes, I remember.

The second thing she told me, pointing to her cheeks, was, "Mom, look my face. Spots." Yep. She had sun pimples. Or something like that. And she was concerned. My newly adopted, six or seven-year-old Indian child is concerned about her pimples. I love that she turns to me for beauty solutions. She has mentioned her beauty concerns before. She is worried about other blemishes on her skin, too. She is fascinated by my morning and evening beauty routines, and often asks me to put some makeup on HER face, too. When she got home from the beach, I taught her how to wash her face, and now she proudly washes every night!

I have always been self-conscious about the blemishes on my face, too. I have tried so many products to clear up my skin! But nothing really works. And this really didn't matter until now, when I have my daughter's self-esteem to look after as well as my own. So I decided to try something new.

Because our finances have been so tight with our job transitions, and because I would love to have extra funds available to donate to other families' adoptions, I decided to become a consultant for Rodan and Fields, the dermatologists who created Proactive. These doctors have expanded their product line to include treatments for anti-aging, eczema, psoriasis, scars, dark spots, etc! I can't wait to use these products to help Tarana become more confident in her appearance!

For the months of June and July, I am donating fifty percent of my Rodan + Fields commission to friends who are in the beginning stages of their adoption! We have been so blessed by the generosity of God's people helping us in our adoption. Now, we want to be the ones to bless others in their adoption journey!

I'm so excited! And so nervous! I'm not a salesperson AT ALL! And I would never sell something I didn't believe to be useful and high-quality. So I'm trusting God to bless this business. After all, "unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127:1). I hope my investment in this business will not be in vain. I hope this will be an avenue of the Lord's provision for our family's financial needs and for the financial needs of other adoptive families. I also hope to find customers and teammates who will experience success with these products and feel more confident and beautiful!

End shameless plug.

In other news, please pray for us, specifically for a peaceful, on-schedule bedtime routine. Transitions are hard. Thank you for praying.

Business Links:
Fundraiser Facebook Page
My Rodan and Fields Business page


No comments:

Post a Comment