Sunday, April 22, 2012

wonderings


"Maybe now it's time, or maybe when I wait, they'll be there calling me baby, maybe." -Annie

Yeh. We've been singing the Annie musical songs a lot. Because we pretend that our daughter is sitting somewhere in India daydreaming about us the way we daydream about her. I mean, I'm sure she wonders when her mommy and poppy will come to her, just as all the children in the orphanages do, but I wonder how much depth there is to her wonderings? I imagine she spends more time thinking of the family she has lost than the family that might someday be hers. Of course she does.

We're getting ready to bring her home. We bought her these pieces of furniture at a yard sale this weekend, and we're making plans to sand and paint them and turn her bedroom into a little girl's dream come true. One friend gave us some clothes and toys for her, and another friend is giving us an art easel! I'm not sure what size she will wear, so we probably won't really start building her wardrobe until we're in India and she needs something to wear besides the mismatched clothes the orphanage puts on her when it's time to send her home with us.

Oh, my sweet girl. Please come home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment