Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Her Mama

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'" Matthew 19:14

I miss her. I love her. I can't stop gazing at her photos and watching her video.

I'm memorizing her face and her voice and her mannerisms.

I can't share her photos or video online, but I can tell you that she looks a lot like the little girl pictured on Jesus' lap in this work of art. Big eyes, pouty lips, serious expression, brown skin.
Oh, my sweet girl.

My friends at church speak about her as if she is already here, and that helps me. Because she's real. She's out there. She's lonely, and probably sleep deprived, and malnourished, and heart-broken, and she's mine. And I am her mama.

Come then, Lord Jesus. Bring her home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment